Is the library open?
Both libraries are open regular business hours for limited, express service. Please check the guidelines below.
- Masks/Face Coverings are required to enter the library. Masks are available at the front of the library if you do not have one of your own. A limited number of face shields are available for those patrons that are unable to wear a mask.
- All patrons are strongly encouraged to take advantage of our Drive-Up Service. This service is being offered at both locations. More information on this service is listed below.
- Patrons may use the library to check out materials and access public computers.
- Please limit use to 30 minutes.
- There is a limit of 25 patrons in the Main Library at any one time and 5 patrons in the North Lewisburg Branch Library.
- Returned items should be placed in the bookdrop. Please do not bring items into the library to return.
- Patrons must maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering the library. Sanitation stations are available throughout the library.
- Staff will disinfect surfaces throughout the day.
- The first hour of each business day will be reserved for at-risk patrons.
Will I be fined for overdue materials?
No. We are currently not charging fines, so there will be no late fees on items you currently have checked out.
You may notice items you place in the book drop are still on your account. Items returned will be held in quarantine for at least 96 hours and will not be checked in until that time is over.
There are still fees for lost or damaged items or fines already posted to your account.
How do I return items I have checked out?
A book drop is located on the west side of the building. At the North Lewisburg Branch there is a book drop by the front door. Please do not bring items into the library to return.
All returned items will be held in quarantine for at least 96 hours and will not be checked in until after that time. If you check your account online, items will appear on your account until they are able to be checked in.
Do you offer curbside or drive-up service?
Yes. Contactless service is being offered at both library locations.
- Place holds online or call the library for assistance.
- Staff will contact you when items are available for pick-up. Let staff know which library you will be picking up your items.
- You do not need to schedule a time to pick up your items.
- Come to the drive-up window on the west side of the building and call 937-653-3811 to let us know you have arrived.
- Please stay in your car.
- Staff will place your items on the table located outside the drive-up window.
- You may pick up your items and you are ready to go.
North Lewisburg Branch Library
- Park in one of the marked spaces and call 937-747-3043 to let us know you have arrived.
- Open your trunk and return to your car. Staff will place your items in your trunk and you're ready to go.
Return all items in the outside book drop.
How do I sign up for a library card?
All you need is picture identification that lists your name and current address. If your picture ID does not show your current address, you must provide another form of identification that does include your name and current address (check, bill, etc). If you are under 18, you must also have a parent or legal guardian sign for you to get a card. You must be at least 5 years old to sign up for your first card.
You are now able to register for a library card online and the card will be mailed to you; however, you will need to provide ID the first time you use your library card at the library.
Do the libraries offer WiFi?
WiFi is available including the parking lots of both library locations.
I have another question. Can I speak with someone at the library?
Please call 937-653-3811 during business hours if you have any questions. You can also send an email to email@example.com
Stay tuned to the library website and Facebook page for updated information.