Levy Renewal Information
- The election is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- The Voter Registration Deadline is Monday, October 5.
- You can register to vote at the library or online at VoteOhio.gov
- It is the 0.8 mill levy that is being renewed.
- The levy needs renewed every 5 years and is used for operating expenses.
- Operating expenses include purchasing, programming, outreach, online resources, staffing, etc. Nearly everything we do comes out of the operating expenses.
- Without the levy, we would need to cut back on the services we offer, the materials we purchase, the programs we offer, etc.
- The owner of a $100,000 home would be paying only $21.90 per year to support this levy.
- Anyone can look up the value of their home on the auditor’s website and also see how much they would pay in levy taxes. (see file at the bottom of the web page for complete instructions)
- Sample ballots are available below for two precincts. You can view sample ballots at https://www.boe.ohio.gov/champaign/election-info/
- For some, the library is their only access to computers or the internet.
- The library offers free WiFi at both locations.
- We offer a number of online resources like ebooks, music, magazines, databases, etc.
- Nearly 250,000 items were checked out in 2019
- We have over 18,900 registered borrowers.
- We handed out over 1,000 new cards in 2019.
- Nearly 16,000 people attended library programs last year.
If you have any further questions, please contact the library at 937-653-3811.