Our services and programs are offered to make the library enticing to teens and families, to encourage them to visit the library and to develop a love of books, reading and libraries.
The gaming system is for library use only. A representative of the library must be present during gaming. Outside games may be used with prior approval by library staff. All games must be rated T (teen) or lower.
- Gamers must sign in when using the gaming system.
- Game playing will be limited to 30 minutes (1/2-hour). If no one is waiting to use the system, play may continue. Anyone using the Gaming System must be willing to end the game when requested by library staff.
- Gamers will be asked to respect others and keep the volume and noise level low.
- Safety guidelines recommended by the manufacturer must be followed including using the strap on the Wii remote.
- Gamers are asked to treat the equipment gently. Gamers who do not treat equipment gently will be asked by library staff to stop for the day. Gamer who repeatedly abuses equipment will have his/her Gaming System privileges revoked. Participants are responsible for any damages to any of the equipment that occurs during use. This will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Inventory of the gaming accessories will be taken after each program by library staff.
- Games and accessories will be kept in a locked cabinet when not in use.
Failure to follow these rules and Rules of Conduct will result in loss of use of the library Gaming System.